1. What’s the temporary residence card?
Temporary residence card is a document that allows foreign citizens to temporarily reside and work in Vietnam for a long time. With temporary residence cards, foreigners can exit and enter the country many times during the duration of the temporary residence card without having to extend the Vietnam Visa.
2. Who is granted a temporary residence card?
According to the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam, amended 2019 officially takes effect from July 1, 2020, cases eligible for granting the temporary residence card include:
- Foreigners who are members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the United Nations, intergovernmental organizations in Vietnam and their spouses, children under 18 years of age, maids accompany in term. Temporary residence card will have the symbol NG3;
- Foreigners entering Vietnam on visas with symbols: LV1, LV2, LS, DT1, DT2, DT3, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LD1, LD2, TT. Temporary residence cards will have a symbol similar to the visa symbol.
3. Some symbols and validity duration of visas for foreigners entering Vietnam to work
- Law on Entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014.
- The Law on Entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam amended in 2019.
- Circular 04/2015 / TT-BCA.