In Resolution No. 70/2018 / QH14 dated November 9, 2018 on the State budget estimate for 2019, The National Assembly assigns the Government to adjust the basic salary from VND 1.39 million/month to VND 1.49 million/month from July 1, 2019, increasing the level of compulsory social insurance for employee to suit the new base salary.
Specifically, from July 1, 2019, the social insurance regime for employees is implemented as follows:
- Allowance for health care and health recovery in case of illness in one day is VND 447,000 (current level is VND 417,000);
- Allowance for female employee maternity or adoption under 06 months of age is VND 2.98 million (the current level is VND 2.78 million) for each child;
- In the case of childbirth but only the father participates in social insurance, the father is entitled to a lump sum allowance of VND 2,980,000 (the current rate is VND 2,780,000) for each child;
- Allowance for health care and rehabilitation in case after treatment for the disability, illness in 1 day at home is VND 372,500 (current level is VND 347,500);
- Allowance for convalescence and health recovery in case after treatment of injury, illness in 1 day at the centralized facility: VND 596,000 (current level is VND 556,000).
According to Vietnam Social Insurance