The latest regulation of the Residence Law 2020 has officially abolished the paper-record of household registration book and the temporary residence book in the management of the residence. Accordingly, the procedure for requesting a judicial record certificate No. 1, effective from July 1, 2021, has changed and is simpler than before.
1. Submit your application to the Department of Justice:
- Vietnamese citizens submit to the Department of Justice where they permanently reside;
- In case there is no permanent place of residence, it shall be submitted to the Department of Justice of the place of temporary residence;
- In case of residing abroad, the application shall be submitted to the Department of Justice of the place where the applicant resides before exiting.
- Foreigners residing in Vietnam shall submit the documents at the Department of Justice of the place where the applicant temporary residence.
2. Get results at the submission place.
B. How to perform: Submitting the application directly to the Department of Justice
C. Required documents:
- Application form for a judicial record certificate according to the prescribed form (Form No. 03/2013/TT-LLTP; Form No. 04/2013/TT-LLTP).
- A photocopy of the identity card or citizen identification card or passport of the applicant who is granted a criminal record card (In case of submission of photocopies, the original must be presented for comparison. If the original is not available for comparison, a certified copy shall be submitted as prescribed by law).
- Authorization document: in case the applicant authorizes another person to carry out the procedures for requesting the issuance of a judicial record certificate No. 1 (in case the authorized person is the father, mother, wife, husband, or child of the applicant, a written authorization is not required). Power of attorney must be notarized and authenticated in accordance with Vietnamese law.
Thus, the applicant for a judicial record card does not need to submit a copy of the household registration book, certificate of permanent or temporary residence from July 1, 2021.
- The applicant of a judicial record certificate No. 1 may not authorize others to carry out the procedures for requesting the issuance of a judicial record certificate.
- In addition, The applicant of a judicial record certificate that is eligible for exemption or fee reduction must present documents to prove it.
D. Quantity of document: 01 set.
E. Execution time for processing applications:
- Within 10 days from the date of receipt of a valid request.
- In case the applicant for issuance of a judicial record certificate is a Vietnamese citizen who has resided in many places or has resided abroad for a period of time, a foreigner, the case must be verified about the conditions for automatically having the sentence expunged. accumulation, the time limit shall not exceed 15 days .
F. Government fee:
- The government fee for granting a judicial record certificate: VND200,000/time/applicant.
- The government fee for providing information on judicial record certificate of students, people with meritorious services to the revolution, relatives of martyrs (including natural fathers, natural mothers, wives (or husbands), children (natural children, adopted children), persons with martyrs' care): VND100,000/time/applicant.
Cases of free provision of judicial record information include: Children as prescribed in the Law on Child Protection, Care and Education; Elderly people as prescribed in the Law on Elderly; Persons with disabilities as prescribed in the Law on Persons with Disabilities; People from poor households and people residing in extremely difficult communes, ethnic minorities in communes with extremely difficult socio-economic conditions, border communes, and safe communes according to regulations of the Law.
In case the person who is issued a judicial record card requests a superior for 2 votes in a single request, the Department of Justice will collect an additional 5,000 VND/certificate from the 3rd certificate to cover the necessary expenses for the printing of judicial record certificate form.
G. The result: The judicial record certificate No.1 or No.2.